HELP!!!!! breeding beardies

motoracer1485

Reaction score
i am trying to breed my bearded dragons the female is about 18 months and the male about 3 years old. the male mounts the female but she has yet to lay eggs. i know alot about breeding dogs and horse because i do both but know little about breeding reptiles. Any advice would be absolutely terrific. and do all females lay eggs or only the good ones?

Thanx for your help

i actually just bought this so called breeding pair from a pet store i have one other one that is about a year old also bought from a pet store. the two from the pet store are kept together and the female is about 19 months old and the male is around 3 or 4 years old. not quite familiar with the lifecycles of reptiles so i'm not exactly sure what brumation is. I breed dogs so i know little about reptiles except i have read about 30 care sheets and i have the appropriate living conditions for these animals.

The best thing you can do right now is read some more. Pick up a copy of the "Bearded Dragon Manual". A recent issue of Reptiles Magazine also had a great article on Bearded Dragons. And I am sure google will yield plenty of results.

Back