red spotted newt

reptilebreeder

Resident Demon
Resident Demon
Reaction score
Well, it's a little slow right now for us field herpers, so I thought I would post a photo here and there to get us warmed up. Here's a Red Eft (the land phase of the red newt) found it while I was visiting my Dad last year in West Virginia. Didn't find any snakes just Newts and Toads. It was early in the year. Kinda small hope we can see it.

Attachments

• red spotted newt.jpg
    red spotted newt.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 336
I was up in at University Park, PA for governors school last summer and was doing a forest survey when all of a sudden, there were red spotted efts everywhere. I probably saw about twenty of them and a spotted salamander. It was great. Nice pic.

tandy4000 said:
I was up in at University Park, PA for governors school last summer and was doing a forest survey when all of a sudden, there were red spotted efts everywhere. I probably saw about twenty of them and a spotted salamander. It was great. Nice pic.
thanks. I wasn't finding them, then one day I was searching the side of a mountain and they were everywhere. It was a cool day and very misty, didn't have to turn anything they were just walking all over the ground cover.

Back