Radiated tortoises wanted in SC

colalt

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a tortoise keeper of 16 year, with experience keeping Leopard tortoises, Redfoot tortoises, and Indian Stars. I am looking to expand my collection to add 1 or possibly 2 Radiated tortoises this year. I do not have a CBW permit, so I would have to obtain these tortoises within the state of South Carolina, and obviously avoid crossing any state lines. I am writing this post to see if anyone has any knowledge of keepers/breeders of astrochelys radiata in SC. If so, I would greatly appreciate any information about them to inquire about a purchase in the near future. I have been searching on and off for about 2 years now, and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

If you join the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group (TTPG) on Facebook and become a member there is a chance you could get given with one eventually. They can be donated or gifted across state lines without a CBW, just no commercial activity across state lines. The group will occasionally have breeders who donated their animals to other turtle & tortoise lovers free of charge with conservation in mind.

If you join the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group (TTPG) on Facebook and become a member there is a chance you could get given with one eventually. They can be donated or gifted across state lines without a CBW, just no commercial activity across state lines. The group will occasionally have breeders who donated their animals to other turtle & tortoise lovers free of charge with conservation in mind.
Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me. That is awesome news. I'll make sure to join that group. Much appreciated!

Back