How Did Turtles Get Their Shells? Oldest Known Turtle Fossil, 220 Million Years Old,

RSS_news

Since the age of dinosaurs, turtles have looked pretty much as they do now with their shells intact, and scientists lacked conclusive evidence to support competing evolutionary theories. Now with the discovery in China of the oldest known turtle fossil, estimated at 220 million years old, scientists have a clearer picture of how the turtle got its shell.

More...

This is hands down one of the coolest fossils found in years. The turtle's shell is one of the great evolutionary puzzles of our time, and this lends strong evidence to the claims of aquatic origins, as well as bolstering the claim that embryonic development can be informative on issues of evolutionary history.

Mokele

This is hands down one of the coolest fossils found in years. The turtle's shell is one of the great evolutionary puzzles of our time, and this lends strong evidence to the claims of aquatic origins, as well as bolstering the claim that embryonic development can be informative on issues of evolutionary history.

Mokele

agreed, explain the mindset of the tortoise to me though...

'I like this ocean, but that desert sure does look a lot nicer'

All I need to prove evolution is a portable chameleon.

Back