CITES Papers for Fly River Turtles

Edmund1138

Reaction score
I am very interested in a FRT I have seen in the Fauna Classifieds. Is CITES paperwork required? Does the seller provide it? Last I knew, FRTs were CITES II

In the United States, it's not "Cites paperwork," that you need. It's a 3-177 US FWS importation clearance paper. Meaning it was legally imported and cleared US FWS at the port of entry. Every reptile that is legally imported from another country needs to be cleared by US FWS. Most sellers do not provide this. I know of only one exporter that legally exported FRTs from Indonesia to the U.S. and this occurred last year. Good luck! Would also advise NOT getting FRTs unless you can provide an enclosure for an adult animal. 99.9% owners can not and you constantly see sub adults being offered for sale after they outgrow their current owners.

I know of only one exporter that legally exported FRTs from Indonesia to the U.S. and this occurred last year.

Does this mean that none were imported legally into the US in other recent years, or from countries other than Indonesia?

Back